This EGM call is not just about an extra £1.25 per year…
There are a number of wider public benefit questions not to do with pricing:
Nominet Operating Costs
- What are the largest cost increases over the last five years?
- What have been the largest investments in the services that benefit registrants?
- Inflation-based price increases are generally used to keep profit levels steady in-line with rising cost-to-supply? Why didn’t registration prices increase in the last 16 years?
- What are the additional funds are actually going to be used for?
- Why hasn’t registry costs gone down with more automation and volume?
- What attempts has Nominet made to reduce operating costs through increased efficiency?
Nominet Staffing Costs
- Per-head salaries have more than doubled since 2002?
- Director remuneration has quadrupled since 2002?
- Pay of highest director has gone up nearly 250% since 2002?
- Nominet has just had a redundancy exercise yet hired more R&D staff?
- Why is the only successful product ‘Turing’ now being sold by Nominet US inc?
- Why have Nominet’s other products (ENUM, Cyber Assist, DNSSEC) all failed?
- How does Nominet running the TV White Space Database benefit the rest of us?
- Was there are board vote on the price increase?
- Which non-executive directors voted in favour of the price rise?
- Which non-exceutive directors were not allowed to vote (due to being a registrar)?
- Why do we still have one non-executive board member not elected by the membership?
- Why has the board of the Nominet Trust not been replenished with new trustees?
- Why does the board of the Nominet trust now consist of mostly ex non-executives?
- What additional donations are going to be made to the Nominet Trust now?
- Why didn’t the price increase go out to consultation like the Registrant terms?
- Were “key stakeholders” told about the price increase at the meeting on 1st October?
- Why is the reference to the setting of fees on a cost-recovery basis being removed?
- Why is the consultation clause being removed from the Registrant terms?
- Why has a co-marketing programme launched based on the size of the registrar?
- Why can’t an accredited channel partner of any size apply for £50,000 in funding?
- Why is Nominet punishing some business models but rewarding other business models?
- Why is Nominet sponsoring events such as The Business Show with large registrars?
- Why are we still waiting for the Lyon’s Report even though the board has seen it?
- Are the voting rights going to change in light of five figure co-marketing funds going to registrars? Some members will have more than one large registrar per corporate group?
- Do self-managed tag holders (both the registrant and registrar) need different terms?
If you can think of any more questions please let us know here